Thursday, February 16, 2006

Introspection...


Before the last minute passes by of the day
I have few things to say

It’s about me
I feel it’s about things I can clearly see

Today for many it was just another day
I know for me it was a special day

Thinking about things that I happened to do
I give each a thought and spare a second or two

With lots of rights and wrongs on the list
I just lie there and quietly assist

Seldom satisfied with the effort I make
I somewhere know the importance of the small steps I take

Judging the distance from my goal
I make sure I don’t miss the whole

So many things that can go wrong
I know it’s bound to happen when the path is long

With hope for things to happen right
I have my eyes set on a distant sight

Again there are things which I happen to completely ignore
I promise myself that tomorrow I will explore

By now the mind wanders like a kid in the park
I go deeper and deeper by each breath in the dark

Dreams are things that don’t easily come to me
I am the one who likes to imagine and see

Later when I open my eyes
I realize outside I have the blue skies

It’s now when I spare a thought and say
I hope I walk the talk today


--Akky


[need i say... comments awaited!!! ;-)]

11 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

akki didnt know u could write poems
i must say its a commendable effort
at night u become creative
really liked it ...
keep writing more
Melanie

 
At 12:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a budding shakespeare, eh?
you ought to publish that in some college rag!

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Akshay Surve said...

@Melanie: i get creative sitting at home.. ;-) :p

@anonymous: :p... r u sure ?

 
At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:p:p:p:p

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger Akshay Surve said...

:p

 
At 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with guys getting either geeky or brimming with hearts full of poems, that too originals?!


You re the fifth (geek) guy I ve seen turning to poetry.

God! Save us!


Ahem. Btw, nice one that. :P

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Akshay Surve said...

fifth ...? geek :p

who are the four...?

i guess i knw a couple of them ...(pascal..nitin...rt?)

 
At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. yeah.

The other two are people you dont know.

 
At 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muahahahahahah.

I would want a reviewers copy then. :P

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger Akshay Surve said...

@rohit: nice idea dude.. :p BTW it wud be SoOoPerMaN :p

@Barkha: yup sure... reviewers copy + invitation at its release + a spl edition autographed copy...!

 
At 1:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup,i'll like a copy of those poems too....!
-Suchitra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home