Sunday, February 05, 2006

my iNjUrEd left leg

hm... theres been a lot of speculation about my leg injury and i need to clear the air around it due to a spl request and also bcoz i want to. also wana let everyone knw its not bcoz of the marathon, though both the events are too close and associating both would be teh simplest way out!

Once upon a time i lived in a 700 sq. ft apartment. They were the good old days of glass windows, no sliding doors. Then came a decision of all flat owners to extend two rooms for an additional space (...how hungry!). Now, everything sounds just perfect but extending our hall exposed a beam which hangs at around 6.5 ft. I know this doesnt sound so bad but then what one does with the resources at hand is very important. I like kicking that beam. No! its not a stress buster or anger management toy but jst a dare for me. I lik to do it just to ensure i m in good shape. Now this was days after i had recoverd from the marathon and i wantd to just chk whether i was back in shape. So here I was, taking a initial start and deciding to give my 100%, i jumped in air and strechd my left leg as high as i could to reach my goal which i almost did. But on the way up i heard a loud click sound which had something really peculiar about it. Though i have hrd so many click sounds, i knew something had gone wrong. I was a little disappointed that i missed my mark but then it was dinner time and i forgot about it and had my dinnerand slept. Got up early in the morning because of a pulsating pain in my left ankle. Thats it!!!

Did attend college for the next 3 days on acount of the cult-techfest. On wednesday things were so bad that I was at the bus stop in Santacruz (its where i catch the bus to my college from) and had to go to a chemist and ask him for a pain killer. Did attend the next two days of collge with pain killers offcourse...

Sad, coudnt attend the Annuals bcoz the doc told me pain killers is not the way its gonna get alright... giv it rest... so here i m writing this post, giving it rest and wearing a ankle support.

4 Comments:

At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so finally after many many days i got a chance to irritate U....and how cud i miss this opportunity today....lol.....well.....just keep playing badminton everyday.....u will recover faster.....and when u feel u r fine just jump and kick the beam to check whether u r back in shape!!!

 
At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn thats crazy, but i think there is more than physical resting required at this time.
:-D

 
At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. Is this one of the I-am-a-soooperrmann-test ?


just kidding...

 
At 1:08 AM , Blogger Akshay Surve said...

@sampada: u missed including football! i did try it a couple of days back and found that healing would take a lil bit longer now.

@vinod: hm... yah even i feel so now...esp. after everyones reaction to it!

@barkha: good way of looking at it... :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home